Celebs Reveal Their Odd Jobs (PHOTOS)
was originally published on
1. As a kid at her mom’s salon, Beyonce was a receptionist and swept up hair.
2. Diddy’s journey has been an inspiring one. One of Diddy’s earliest jobs was a janitor at a Mexican Restaurant in New York.
3. The President of the United States quit his job at Baskin Robbins because he was eating too much ice cream.
4. Before making it as a triple threat in Hollywood, Jenny from the Block worked as a Legal Assistant to pay for school.
5. One of the hottest actors ever donned an El Pollo costume and played chauffeur to strippers during his series of odd jobs.
6. Even Jennifer Hudson had to deal with the infamous fast food gig. She was an employee at Burger King before the biggest audition in the world changed her life.
7. Stunning actress Eva Mendes sold hot dogs at the Glendale Galleria for $4.25 a hour.
8. As a teen, Chris Rock worked at Red Lobster as a waiter.
9. The rapper behind “Mastermind” was once a correctional officer in Florida before making it big in Hip-Hop.
10. “22 Jump Street” actor Channing Tatum was once an exotic dancer before he started his acting career. “Magic Mike” was loosely based on his come up.
11. Highlighted in “Spaceships” from his debut album “The College Dropout,” Kanye West was a sales associate at the Gap.
12. Just like Obama, Amy Poehler worked in the ice cream parlor at Chadwick’s restaurant before starring on SNL.
13. Snoop worked at a supermarket while trying to make it in the rap game.
14. The legendary comedian worked plenty of jobs to help support his family, like shining shoes, selling produce, and stocking shelves in Philadelphia.
15. Halle Berry: The incredible actress was a beauty queen and worked at a Higbee’s as a store clerk.
16. Mariah Carey was once a coat/hat check girl before making it big in the music industry.
17. Tina Fey worked at a snack bar in her town’s local pool.
18. Whoopi Goldberg: The owner of the rare EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony Award) was a mortuary beautician in her younger years. She was also a phone sex operator.
19. Before making people laugh on SNL and in the theaters, Will Ferrell was a car valet in California.