It goes without saying, Wild ‘N Out is one of the best shows on TV. From Chance the Rapper to Lil Yachty, season 12 has been lit—and most recently Chloe x Halle came through to turn the heat up even more. If you aren’t up on the duo, you’re missing out. Not only are they Beyoncé‘s R&B protégés (Happy Birthday Bey!), they also star in the Black-ish spinoff, Grown-ish, that follows Zoey Johnson (Yara Shahidi) as she navigates through college.
Unlike others, Chloe x Halle were ready to wild out and joke around, playing and holding their own in every single game—even in the face of some of the most experienced battle rappers. While playing “Boo’d Up,” the sisters spit #bars together. “We ain’t boo’ed up, I don’t need a mister/I got my best friend and that’s my sister/Every dude tryna be our fiancé/Ever since we got signed to Beyoncé,” they rapped as the crowd went crazy.
Turbans & Toes: A Close Look At Nick Cannon's Unconventional New Style
1. If you've looked Nick Cannon up and down recently (and who hasn't?) you might have noticed something interesting: the actor/comedian/host/rapper seems to be paying particular attention to his skull and his feet when he puts together his 'fits. The style is cutting edge at best, confusing at worst, but undeniably bold. Take a look at Nick's turbans and toes and see if you're feeling this unconventional look.Source:Splash News 1 of 17
2. It works for a night on the town, too.Source:Splash News 2 of 17
3. And it seems to go with everything.Source:Splash News 3 of 17
4. But the fun doesn't stop at his forehead. Peep Nick's fancy feet...Source:Getty 4 of 17
5. So considerate of him to coordinate with the color of the carpet.Source:Getty 5 of 17
6. Nothing jazzes up a classic suit like...Source:Getty 6 of 17
7. ...Michael Jackson's shoes.Source:Getty 7 of 17
8. Denim and diamonds...Source:Getty 8 of 17
9. ...isn't just for country girls anymore.Source:Getty 9 of 17
10. Sometimes you're feeling kinda low key...Source:Getty 10 of 17
11. ...so you just stick with the three-tone pointy loafers.Source:Getty 11 of 17
12. When your suit looks like this...Source:Getty 12 of 17
13. ...basic white with an understated steel toe might be best.Source:Getty 13 of 17
14. We imagine this is what the flyest dude in Harlem looked like back in the day.Source:Getty 14 of 17
15. Fur is a great way to take a basic gray coat over the top...Source:Getty 15 of 17
16. You can never have enough gold dust on your shoes.Source:Getty 16 of 17
17. ...but Scottie dog socks and three-toned loafers, only if you're nasty.Source:Getty 17 of 17
During “R&Beef,” they harmonized over a song about being in debt forever and having to eat oodles and noodles. Then, another great moment happened during “Wild Style,” the freestyle game that made Wild ‘N Out famous. Chloe and Halle battled vet Justina Valentine, who eventually bowed out in the presence of royalty. But, Justina’s humility didn’t stop DC Young Fly from going in on her.
“Let me tell you something, now this might sting/See you rap black, but these are real black queens” he spit in a heated moment that left everybody cheering. Check out the full episode up top, or a few highlights on the flip. Of course, Beyoncé and Mariah Carey‘s names were dropped a few times.
ICYMI: Watch Chloe x Halle Bury The ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Cast With #BARS was originally published on globalgrind.com