The signature fried chicken at Sweet Dixie Chicken in Long Beach, California, is, well, not really homemade, but Popeyes, according to Fox Los Angeles.
The owner of Sweet Dixie made a statement on Facebook (because that’s the perfect place to make a statement in 2017, right?) after getting called out, not to apologize but to throw other businesses under the bus claiming it too sells pre-made products!
The food scene in Long Beach has to be in ruins, and only Vince Staples can solve this. Let this be a lesson to all the other charlatan restauranteurs out there: cook your own chicken. And if you don’t, well, at least go to Church’s. No one knows what its chicken tastes like.
SOURCE: Fox 11 Los Angeles
The Black Experience: Famous Folks’ Favorite Soul Food Dish
1. Jennifer HudsonSource: 1 of 14
2. President ObamaSource: 2 of 14
3. Barack and Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 14
4. BeyonceSource: 4 of 14
5. Kanye WestSource: 5 of 14
6. Patti LaBelleSource: 6 of 14
7. Jennifer LopezSource: 7 of 14
8. Meagan GoodSource: 8 of 14
9. Mary J. BligeSource: 9 of 14
10. Kelly RowlandSource: 10 of 14
11. LeBron JamesSource: 11 of 14
12. Octavia SpencerSource: 12 of 14
13. Chris BrownSource: 13 of 14
14. Will SmithSource: 14 of 14
Really, California Restaurant Caught Reselling Popeyes Fried Chicken? was originally published on newsone.com