John Witherspoon talks about getting visits from Richard Pryor when he was MCing at a club, and learning to convince him to get on stage and do a comedy-set. He talks about Richard Pryor’s TV show, and explains why it only lasted only four episodes. John also discusses his work as Grandad on the hit satirical cartoon “The Boondocks,” and why the show had to meet its end after only four seasons.
Plus, John reveals the shockingly low amount he was paid for the first Friday movie, and what’s holding up the making of the fourth and last installment in the Friday franchise, even though Ice Cube
, the film’s writer, really wants it to happen. Check out this exclusive video
to hear more in this fascinating interview from the “Ed Lover Show.
RELATED: John Witherspoon Explains How His Career In Comedy Began [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Janelle Monae Recalls The Beginning Of Her Long Friendship With Prince [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Tiny On Why She & Kandi’s Opinions About An Xscape Reunion Differ [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
#FlashbackFriday: 23 Photos From The 2005 MTV VMAs
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Christina Milian (pre Lil Wayne) and Nick Cannon (pre Mariah, Roc & Roe).
1 of 23
2. When Jessica Simpson and Nick Lacey were “Newlyweds.”
2 of 23
3. Rihanna when she was still a good gal.
3 of 23
4. Before Trina’s men got with Kardashians and before Lil Wayne signed Drake and Nicki Minaj.
4 of 23
5. Back when Hilary Duff and Joel Madden were an item.
5 of 23
6. Ciara of the past before Future.
6 of 23
7. Lil Kim was still Queen of Hip-Hop.
7 of 23
8. Before stylists and children for Alicia Keys and Fergie.
8 of 23
9. There was always Beyonce.
9 of 23
10. Pharrell still hasn’t aged.
10 of 23
11. Oh, hey young, innocent Chris Brown.
11 of 23
12. When The Game was still a man of the Unit. G-Unit.
12 of 23
13. Lindsay Lohan still partied hard. And Ashlee Simpson was pre-Evan Ross and Pete Wentz.
13 of 23
14. Dwyane Wade with the baby face and his first wife.
14 of 23
15. Common before the Oscar.
15 of 23
16. When La La was just a VJ.
16 of 23
17. Remember Brooke Hogan?
17 of 23
18. The days of braids. Omarion braids.
18 of 23
19. Ice & Coco are still, well, Ice & Coco.
19 of 23
20. Before Shaunie hit it big with “Basketball Wives,” she was only known as Shaq’s wife.
20 of 23
21. When Shakira would go “Wherever, Whenever.”
21 of 23
22. Back when Kanye smiled and got turnt at award shows.
22 of 23
23. A young and hot Jessica Alba and Joss Stone.
23 of 23