M.I.A. must not have friends. If she did, someone would’ve warned her to never, ever, ever come for Queen Bey.
The British/Sri Lankan singer, who apparently didn’t learn her lesson from dissing Beyoncé before, recently did an interview with Attitude UK where she called out Mrs. Carter and a few more American singers – yet again.
She told the mag, “I’m fine with Madonna or Beyoncé or Rihanna being ‘inspired’ by my work. But I would like them to then go, ‘Yeah, this immigrant who came out of nowhere influenced us, so maybe not all of them are f**king terrible. They don’t even think like that. They go ‘Yeah, maybe me stealing the stuff says she’s all right. She should be thankful we’re stealing it.’ But sometimes you just think, ‘F**k, I have to pay some bills,’ you know?”
As for Queen Bey, M.I.A went on to suggest that Beyoncé’s route to international stardom was easy, saying, “Beyoncé comes from the school of Michael Jackson-ness. Where the family built an entire world to support you. From when you were a child. I never had that luxury.”
Of course, the Beyhive didn’t let this one slide. After attacking the rapper, she took to Twitter to respond:
Does M.I.A have a point?
M.I.A. In The November Issue Of Paper Magazine (PHOTOS)
1. 1. M.I.A. wears a custom-made shirt by M.I.A., vest by Versace archive and belt and jewelry by Tom Manaton <P> Photo Credit: Jessica Craig Martin for Paper Magazine1 of 5
2. 2. M.I.A. wears a jacket by Versace and jewelry by Tom Manaton and Delfina Delettrez <P> Photo Credit: Jessica Craig Martin for Paper Magazine2 of 5
3. 3. M.I.A. wears tops by Acne and Crème de Silk, headpiece by Tom Manaton and ring by Delfina Delettrez. <P> Photo Credit: Jessica Craig Martin for Paper Magazine3 of 5
4. 4. M.I.A. wears custom made pants by M.I.A. and shoes by Kenzo. Backdrop images from the book, M.I.A. <P> Photo Credit: Jessica Craig Martin for Paper Magazine4 of 5
5. 5. M.I.A. wears a jacket by Versace and jewelry by Tom Manaton and Delfina Delettrez <P> Photo Credit: Jessica Craig Martin for Paper Magazine5 of 5
M.I.A. Throws Major Shade At Beyoncé, Accuses Her Of Stealing Her Work was originally published on globalgrind.com