A memorabilia company named Moments in Time is a selling the famous medallion that Tupac was wearing when he was shot during a 1994 visit to New York City. The medallion was dented by the bullet during the shooting (which Tupac ultimately survived), and now it’s being sold for a shiny six-figure price.
While the admiration for Tupac makes this less than surprising, Ed Lover
can’t help but wonder about the ethics of such a sale. Click on the audio player to hear the whole discussion in this exclusive clip from the “Ed Lover Show.
RELATED: Tupac’s 1992 Statements On Trump, Wealth & Greed Still Relevant Today [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: Why People Thought Tupac & Monie Love Were Dating [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: The Ed Lover Show Cast Reveals Their Favorite Tupac Songs [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
Celebrating The Life Of Tupac Shakur
20 photos Launch gallery
1. @2pac and Lemika Early (niece of bodyguard Frank Alexander) on the set of “Gridlock’d.” In 1995, Lemika was in a terrible car accident that left her confined to a wheelchair and paralyzed from the waist down. When Tupac found out about Lemika’s story, he invited her out to California to meet him. Over the course of 2 days, Lemika and her family hung out with Tupac on the set of “Gridlock’d” and in the studio during a recording session.
1 of 20
2. Mouse Man and Tupac, aka Slick D and MC New York. Mouse Man was Tupac’s friend during his teenage years in Baltimore.
2 of 20
3. Janet Jackson #HappyBirthday, @JanetJackson.
3 of 20
4. “Ya always was a black queen, mama.” #HappyMothersDay
4 of 20
5. Roland Park Middle School
5 of 20
6. Queen Latifah
6 of 20
7. ’96 @chicagobulls vs @lakers game
7 of 20
8. The 38th Annual GRAMMY Awards, right before introducing the four original members of @KISSonline #Grammys
8 of 20
9. “That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. I don’t see why everybody feel as though that they gotta tell me how to live my life.”
9 of 20
10. Black and white.
10 of 20
11. Happy Birthday @angiemartinez!
11 of 20
12. @Flavorflav4Real x 2Pac #HipHopLegends
12 of 20
13. “Remember ‘Raw,’ with Daddy Kane?!” #OldSchool #HipHopLegends
13 of 20
14. “Now I clown around when I hang with the Underground.”
14 of 20
15. “I’m not saying I’m gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.”
15 of 20
16. “I’m seein’ nuttin’ but my dreams comin’ true, while I’m starin’ at the world through my rearview.”
16 of 20
17. Happy Birthday @stephenbaldwin7.
17 of 20
18. “Our friendship grew because we had so much in common. We were two people just trying to make it. We understood each other’s background. I could gripe with him about things that he understood and the same with him.” -Yoyo In 1993. Tupac was a roadie and dancer for Digital Underground; he met a young pioneering female rapper named Yo-Yo (@yoyofearless) who was just starting out with Ice Cube. Based on their love for rapping, the two became inseparable during the tour.
18 of 20
19. Happy Birthday @Mchammer! #HappyBirthdayMcHammer
19 of 20
20. ‘On the “Yo piano man…rock, rock on.” Candid moment of @2Pac on the set of Raw Fusion’s “Rockn’ to the P.M.” You can catch him rocknpiano in the video.
20 of 20