The internet is a crazy place.
Rumors spread like wildfire that Kendrick Lamar not only purchased the gun George Zimmerman used to shoot Trayvon Martin, but that the rapper also destroyed it onstage during one of his concerts. This is absolutely not true, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
The story started when satirical site FreddyMag.com reported it alongside real accounts of George Zimmerman’s auction. The site even posted a fake quote from Lamar that read: “It was just the socially conscious thing to do. Plus all press is good press and I wasn’t about to let him get anymore.”
Since then, the gun auction site has taken down the bid for Zimmerman’s gun after it faced harsh public backlash. Before the site removed the auction, bids had reached $66 million, though many were from fake pranksters.
Kendrick’s label Top Dawg Entertainment has not released a statement about the rumor.
SOURCE: Orlando Sentinel | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The Power Brunch For The Trayvon Martin Foundation (PHOTOS)
1. Sybrina Fulton & Miss Diddy1 of 10
2. Angela Conwell2 of 10
3. Devon Franklin3 of 10
4. DJ Kiss, Sybrina Fulton & Steve Lobel4 of 10
5. Eva Marcille & Omarosa5 of 10
6. Malaysia Pargo, Sybrina Fulton, Miss Diddy, Angela Conwell & Omarosa6 of 10
7. Sybrina Fulton & Devon Franklin7 of 10
8. Sybrina Fulton8 of 10
9. Malaysia, Sybrina, Omarosa & Angella9 of 10
10. Sybrina Fulton & family10 of 10
Kendrick Lamar Did Not Buy The Gun George Zimmerman Used To Kill Trayvon Martin was originally published on globalgrind.com