Bill Cosby is still fighting those sexual allegations made against him over a year ago. It seems like it’s been forever since there’s been an update on the status of these suits, but there might be a reason for that. Today, his defense team sought to have his trial moved back for the second time.
“Entertainer Bill Cosby is once again trying to delay a hearing, now set for May 24, in his ongoing effort to get a criminal sexual assault case against him dropped, new court filings show. His attorneys have filed an emergency stay asking Pennsylvania’s Superior Court to review last week’s decision by a mid-level court that allowed the case to go forward.”
The defense team argues that Bill Cosby was given immunity in an earlier civil suit. They believe it’s a violation of Bill’s due process rights to be tried for testimony given in that deposition. It was that deposition where he admitted to giving drugs to a woman he wanted to have sex with.
“If this court does not stay those proceedings, Mr. Cosby’s fundamental due process right not to be prosecuted and not to be subject to the criminal proceedings will be irreparably lost,” the filing states. “Mr. Cosby therefore files this application on an emergency basis.”
Bill Cosby has maintained his innocence throughout this entire ordeal.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO: Getty
PHOTOS OF THE DAY 1/24/13: Bill Cosby, Common, Chelsea Handler & More!
1. 1. Wow! Common looks damn good in this grey fitted suit at the Hollywood premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.1 of 10
2. 2. Quadruple threat! Actor, writer, comedian and producer Larry David flashes a half-smile at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.2 of 10
3. 3. Blast from the past! Bill Cosby poses at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. Lookin' good, Bill! || Photo credit: Wenn.3 of 10
4. 4. Green with envy! Late night funny-woman Chelsea Handler rocks this casual emerald green look on the "Movie 43" red carpet. || Photo credit: Wenn.4 of 10
5. 5. Carlton! '90s sitcom star Alfonso Ribeiro and Angela Unkrich turn heads at the premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.5 of 10
6. 6. All grown up! Ex-disney star Ashley Tisdale looks smokin' on the red carpet! || Photo credit: Wenn.6 of 10
7. 7. Hang loose! The always hilarious Patrick Warburton flashes some beach inspired hand signs at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.7 of 10
8. 8. Oh so chic! Chloe Grace Moretz looks casual, yet chic, in this black and white red carpet ensemble. || Photo credit: Wenn.8 of 10
9. 9. Jazz it up! Robert Townsend and Chris Tucker take advantage of a photo-op at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. || Photo credit: Wenn.9 of 10
10. 10. Double take! Madame Tussauds unveils their oh-so-real looking wax figure of Sandra Bullock. Are you sure that's not really her? || Photo credit: Wenn.10 of 10
Bill Cosby Is Fighting To Get His Sexual Assault Case Pushed Back…Again was originally published on globalgrind.com