2016 Golden Globe Awards nominations were announced last month, and the big show happens on Sunday night.
The prestigious event is known as the coolest of award show season thanks to its candidness, straightforward nature, and informal humor.
Ricky Gervais, who hosted the Globes in 2010 and 2012, will return with his quirky jokes after three years of and Tina Fey charming the crowd. But the best part about the big show is the behind the scenes flicks of celebrities from all different genres and ages, chatting, laughing, and having a grand ol’ time together. Amy Poehler
Whether you’re a multi-Golden Globe-winning actor, or the hottest
rapper or pop star in the game, you’re bound to have an intriguing conversation with a fellow celeb you’d never considered talking to.
In honor of the 73rd Golden Globe Awards this Sunday at 8 p.m. on NBC, check out our gallery of cool, candid, behind the scenes photos of the show over the years.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
31 Cool Behind The Scenes Photos From The Golden Globes Over The Years
31 photos Launch gallery
1. In 1962, Marilyn Monroe enjoyed all the attention.
1 of 31
2. Lucille Ball and husband Desi Arnez chatted during a break in 1956.
2 of 31
3. Dustin Hoffman flaunted his award in 1968.
3 of 31
4. Barbara Streisand glowed at the 1969 Globes.
4 of 31
5. Sonny and Cher made the crowd go wild as they arrived at the Globes in 1973.
5 of 31
6. Preteen Michael Jackson took his parents as his date to the 1973 Golden Globes.
6 of 31
7. A young Arnold Schwarzenegger shared laughs with Raquel Welch in 1977.
7 of 31
8. Whoopi Goldberg chatted with fellow actors before hitting the carpet at the 1986 Golden Globes.
8 of 31
9. Tom Cruise and Kate Winslet had a deep convo during the break.
9 of 31
10. Former couple Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas announced the GG nominations in 1997.
10 of 31
11. Kate Hudson got her party on at a Golden Globe after party in 2003.
11 of 31
12. At the 1955 show, Judy Garland and Marlon Brando enjoyed good food and conversation during a break.
12 of 31
13. Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay showed major affection backstage in 1958.
13 of 31
14. Eva Mendes and Eva Longoria shared a laugh during the commercial in 2008.
14 of 31
15. All laughs for Will Smith and Sacha Baron Cohen.
15 of 31
16. The "30 Rock" crew posed for a group photo.
16 of 31
17. Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony observed the crowd.
17 of 31
18. Oh Hey, Beyonce and Prince.
18 of 31
19. Penelope Cruz stopped by Meryl Streep's table for a chat.
19 of 31
20. Gabourey Sidibe and Cameron Diaz greeted each other.
20 of 31
21. Beyonce watched on and Jay Z and Jada conversed.
21 of 31
22. Jack Nicholson and Eddie Murphy shared some laughs.
22 of 31
23. Mark Walhberg greeted Brad and Angelina at their table.
23 of 31
24. Good friends Jamie Foxx and Eva Longoria got to catch up.
24 of 31
25. Matt Damon blessed Morgan Freeman and the rest of the table with some champagne.
25 of 31
26. Quentin Tarentino and Sienna Miller shared some laughs.
26 of 31
27. Samuel Jackson and his buddy Q got to catch up.
27 of 31
28. Bromance moments with Mark Wahlberg and Adrien Grenier.
28 of 31
29. Barbra Streisand showed off her many awards back in 1977.
29 of 31
30. John Travolta watched the show with his date in 1979.
30 of 31
31. A young Drew Barrymore impressed the crowd in 1983.
31 of 31