Critically-acclaimed singer Monica stopped by the No Judgment Zone with BlogXilla to talk about her new album Code Red, which came out Friday, December 18. Back on her music flow, the mother of three opened up about motherhood, good music, and more.
Monica also revealed what her relationship with Brandy is like, as well as how she and Aaliyah made a name for themselves during that time.
“We’re grown now, so our relationship is good because we really respect each other. I recognize that she’s one of the greatest to ever do it,” she said of Brandy. “There is a whole era of music where it was just she and I, and you can’t forget Aaliyah. It was just the three of us and we were learning and growing, but at the same time there was a whole audience who were molding and shaping their lives right around us, because within the three of us, you could find something you could connect to. So I think it was good for us to grow up and recognize that there was room and space for the two of us. You don’t have to choose one and it’s not a competitive thing and you can’t undo the history.”
Monica continued by making it a point to say she’s just like everyone else: she eats, sleeps, and bleeds – that’s why the people connect with her so much. Check out this latest episode of the No Judgment Zone w/ BlogXilla above.
Monica: From Miss Thang To Code Red
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Miss Thang ❤️🎶❤️🎶❤️7-18-95
1 of 16
2. 17-year-old Monica and Brandy winning a Grammy for “The Boy Is Mine.”
2 of 16
3. 11-28-82 – Monica and her youngest brother Montez.
3 of 16
4. Monica ~They balance me, encourage me, love me and even at these ages tried to protect me!! #RockoAndRomelo
4 of 16
5. The ’90s: Monica, Faith, and Total.
5 of 16
6. @ludacris holding Rocko #2005 Chris we love you with all our hearts!! You are by far one of the greatest men I know.. Thank u for loving and supporting my children and I… There’s never been a time that Uncle Chris wasn’t there.. U are the big brother I never had❤️and I thank God for u!!!
6 of 16
7. #OurMothers when you are nurtured, loved, cared for, taught & prayed over all your life it doesn’t ensure things go perfect because life is never that but it ensures that your covered & no matter how far off of Gods path you may go you always have something of substance to come back to. We are, because of you two!! Our Moms
7 of 16
8. Got carried away posting this am LOL❤️Everyone have a great day…. Enjoy Life.. When we think we know what we want God knows what we need!! Trust the process in your home on your job with your family friends & children
8 of 16
9. I worked all night but I always make it home to be the first person they see.
9 of 16
10. My mother taught me to find the good in all things.. In a loss so great I keep with me all that I learned!! #Whitney
10 of 16
11. Monica and the shirt that sums her up best.
11 of 16
12. Today was simply amazing!! @a1_uno I am so proud of you #ClassOf2014 🎓 I love you with all my heart !! @yolanda_tisha2 thank you for allowing me to be a part of your sons life for the last 15 yrs.. Rocko & Romelo adore their big brother #Brothers #unbreakable
12 of 16
13. Rock, Romelo and Laiyah #GodsGift ❤️ My Babies
13 of 16
14. Monica’s father, brother, and sons.
14 of 16
15. Monica and Children #TheCodeRedExperience.
15 of 16
16. Monica’s album CODE RED drops December 18, 2015.
16 of 16