This was a close call.
Morgan Freeman‘s private plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Mississippi overnight following the blowing of one of it’s tires during takeoff. Fortunately, the actor was unharmed and no injuries were reported. He released the following statement to PEOPLE: “Sometimes things don’t go as planned and a tire blew on takeoff which caused other problems. “But thanks to my excellent pilot Jimmy Hobson we landed safely without a scratch,” he added. “I cannot say the same about my plane. I appreciate the concern and prayers for our safety.”
The actor was en route to Texas to shoot a segment for the television series The Story Of God. Hopefully, all goes as planned from here on out.
Adele‘s 25 is now the first album to sell a million copies in two different weeks. The final figures for the album’s second week report 1.11 million copies sold, bringing it’s total sales to 4.49 million after it’s debut to 3.8 million. Already the best-selling album of 2015, 25 is now the best-selling of any year since 2011. That year year, Adele’s last project 21 reigned supreme.
Following their secret wedding earlier this year, Usher is finally opening up about his second marriage to longtime love, Grace Miguel. During a sit-down on Ellen, the 37-year old confirmed the two tied the knot in Cuba before adding, “we had a great time. [Grace is a] wonderful woman.”
Check out more of Usher’s interview with Ellen Degeneres in the clip above.
When We Were Young: 15 Photos Of Adele Throughout The Years
1. Still a 19-year-old on the rise.Source:Getty 1 of 15
2. The 20-year-old was finding her lane.Source:Getty 2 of 15
3. Yet to achieve success in the U.S., Adele was a force to be reckoned with in the UK.Source:Getty 3 of 15
4. Before snagging all of the major awards, Adele was just another nominee in attendance.Source:Getty 4 of 15
5. Finally, a Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.Source:Getty 5 of 15
6. Another one, Grammy for Best New Artist in 2009.Source:Getty 6 of 15
7. Her success in America was undeniable.Source:Getty 7 of 15
8. 21 was just starting production when Adele hit up the "Sex and the City" premiere.Source:Getty 8 of 15
9. After finishing her second album, Adele's look got a lot more grown and sexy.Source:Getty 9 of 15
10. Working on 21.Source:Getty 10 of 15
11. Following her throat surgery, Adele got back to work.Source:Getty 11 of 15
12. "Skyfall" received the Golden Globe for Best Original Song in 2013.Source:Getty 12 of 15
13. In 2012, Adele became the second female artist to win six awards in one night.Source:Getty 13 of 15
14. She surpassed the Beatles after her second album spent 16 weeks at the top of the US Billboard 200 chart.Source:Getty 14 of 15
15. 25 never looked so good.Source:Getty 15 of 15