Move over, Tamar Braxton. There’s a new celebrity who’s totally killing Janet Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation,” but it’s not who you’d think.
Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt dressed up in a little drag for Spike’s Lip Sync Battle and took his performance to new heights. Not only did Joe wear Janet’s iconic outfit, but he werked out that choreography.
Both host LL Cool J and the audience were impressed by his lip sync skills. Anthony Mackie also did a rendition of MC Hammer’s “2 Legit 2 Quit,” but it didn’t hold a candle to Joseph’s “Rhythm Nation.” Catch his performance up top at the 2:00 mark. Oh, and Joseph:
PHOTO CREDIT: Giphy
Janet Jackson's Most Unforgettable Moments
1. Janet's "Rhythm Nation" performance was nothing short of legendary.Source:Getty 1 of 9
2. The infamous "wardrobe malfunction" during the Super Bowl halftime show.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. When she performed a moving tribute to brother Michael during the 2009 MTV VMAs.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. The world first fell in love with Janet when she played Penny on "Good Times."Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. The reason why we're all calling them "Poetic Justice braids."Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. Who could forget her ultra sexy performance while accepting the MTV Icon Award?Source:Getty 6 of 9
7. The only thing better than Janet? Janet AND Michael, together.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. The Rolling Stone magazine cover that stopped the world.8 of 9
9. 1990s fine.Source:Getty 9 of 9
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Smashes Janet Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation” was originally published on globalgrind.com