Susan spoke to Good Morning America’s Amy Robach in an interview Tuesday morning, and admitted that things weren’t always good, saying, “My best friend was sinking.” Robin committed suicide in August of 2014, and over the past year, Susan has been trying to find out why he decided to end his life. Rumors cited depression, or a return to drug and alcohol addiction, which she says are both far from the truth.
In fact, no alcohol or drugs were found in the 63-year-old’s system and Susan claims he’d been sober for eight years. According to her, his untimely demise stemmed from mental issues, saying it, “was what was going on in his brain… The chemical warfare that no one knew about,” CNN reports.
Doctors agree: an autopsy found that Robin was suffering from Lewy Body Dementia. It is the second most common type of progressive dementia, only behind Alzheimer’s, and currently affects 1.4 million Americans. Susan also recalls the bizarre events that she now recognizes as symptoms of LBD, including reduced attention span, memory loss, and his ability to recognize and identify objects.
Watch Susan Williams open up about her husband’s tragic death in the video above.
SOURCE: CNN | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Robin Williams Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Robin Williams, Mork & Mindy, 19791 of 17
2. Robin Williams, Jumanji, 19952 of 17
3. Robin Williams, Jack, 19963 of 17
4. Robin Williams at a celebrity tennis event, 19994 of 17
5. Robin Williams, Jakob the Liar, 19995 of 17
6. Robin & daughter Zelda, 20016 of 17
7. Robin Williams after a standup performance in 20027 of 17
8. Robin Williams at a press conference, 20028 of 17
9. Robin & Harvey Fierstein, 20039 of 17
10. Robin Williams & daughter Zelda, 200410 of 17
11. Robin Williams during a standup routine, 200411 of 17
12. Robin Williams & Yogi Berra, 200412 of 17
13. Robin Williams & Robert Deniro, 200513 of 17
14. Robin Williams & Jack Black, 200614 of 17
15. Robin Williams & JoJo, TRL, 200615 of 17
16. Robin Williams & wife Susan, 200916 of 17
17. Robin Williams & Monique, 201017 of 17
Robin Williams’ Widow Opens Up About What Really Caused His Suicide was originally published on globalgrind.com