With blackface costumes already making their rounds on social media, one dad found another way to be creatively offensive.
A video has surfaced of a little boy dressed up as Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, most recently back in pop culture as the subject of popular Netflix show, Narcos. Pablo is one of the most infamous kingpins of all time and the young boy’s combed-over hair and mustache are a dead giveaway. To make things worse though, the little one has a gun in one hand and a briefcase stacked with drug money in the other. The admittedly adorable video already has more than 4 million views – but some people in the comment section are outraged.
“When did we get so numb to the idea of evil and violence? Does “murdering thousands” mean nothing to you?” reads one comment. Others are taking it a little less seriously, with entertainment site Break titling the video, “Little Pablo Escobar runs the biggest fun size Snickers cartel…” on its Facebook page.
And Twitter is filled with people reposting pictures of the child alongside heart-eye emojis.
The weirdest part is that the costume is being worn by an innocent child who obviously has no idea what’s actually going on. With just three days left until Halloween, he might not be the last Pablo Escobar that (partially) enrages the internet. Stay tuned.
SOURCE: Mirror, Instagram | VIDEO SOURCE: YouTube
Inappropriate Children Costumes For Halloween That Will Make You Cringe (PHOTOS)
1. Because lung cancer is in?1 of 13
2. Just...no.2 of 13
3. You know this is basically a drug dealer, right?3 of 13
4. ALL THE NOPES IN THE WORLD!4 of 13
5. We're sure he can wait until college to be introduced to this game.5 of 13
6. Parenting Fail 101.6 of 13
7. Sure, let's teach our boys that while "pimpin' ain't easy," it sure is funny for Halloween.7 of 13
8. Ummm....more NO!8 of 13
9. Robert E. Lee? Might as well slap a sign that says "I Support Slavery" on your kid.9 of 13
10. Sure, why not dress your baby up as a mass murderer?10 of 13
11. Thanks a lot, MTV.11 of 13
12. NO NO NO NO NO!12 of 13
13. Can we all just agree that guns and children don't mix?13 of 13
Toddler Wears Pablo Escobar Halloween Costume, Internet Isn’t Sure How To React was originally published on globalgrind.com