After a long feud with a sound engineer, the hip-hop mogul got a hold of the mastered tracks from his triple-platinum album The Life and Times of S. Carter and his fifth studio album, The Dynasty. There were a total of 41 tracks between the two projects, 10 that included Beanie Sigel.
According to TMZ:
Chauncey Mahan, a sound engineer on the albums, claimed ownership and stashed boxes of tracks in a San Fernando Valley storage facility.
Cops eventually seized the masters, but Mahan didn’t back down. He sued Jay and Roc Nation in July, trying to get a piece of the action.
A judge just shut him down, ruling he waited way too long to sue.
Life and Times included his big hits “Big Pimpin’” and “Jigga, My N*gga.” Way to get yours, Jay.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Jay Z, Rihanna, Jake Gyllenhaal, & More Attend Roc Nation Sports' "Throne Boxing"
1. Rihanna and Jay Z laugh it up.1 of 16
2. Rihanna dances while watching the main event.2 of 16
3. Jay Z and Jake share a good laugh.3 of 16
4. Fabolous performs for the packed crowd.4 of 16
5. Rihanna and Jake Gyllenhaal have a serious moment.5 of 16
6. Rihanna gets her groove on.6 of 16
7. Jay Z cheers on the contenders.7 of 16
8. Jay Z and Jake Gyllenhaal joke around during the main event.8 of 16
9. Angie Martinez and Michael K. Williams throw up the deuces.9 of 16
10. Jay Z poses with Andre Ward and a guest.10 of 16
11. Jake Gyllenhaal has some fun with RiRi.11 of 16
12. Jay Z and Rihanna reunite!12 of 16
13. Jay Z and Jake Gyllenhaal pose it up at the Roc Nation Throne Boxing event.13 of 16
14. Rihanna, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Jay Z share a precious moment.14 of 16
15. Angie Martinez posted this photo with Michael K. Williams.15 of 16
16. Fabolous posted this photo with DJ Mustard.16 of 16
Jay Z Beats Lawsuit Claiming Sound Engineer Co-Owns 45 Of His Songs was originally published on globalgrind.com