10 Ways To Break The Internet Without Getting Naked (PHOTOS)
1. Newlyweds Solange and Alan Ferguson #BreakTheInternet with class.Source:Instagram 1 of 9
2. Beyonce’s self-titled album released nearly a year ago and it’s probably the best example of how to #breaktheinternet with flawless execution. Bow down.Source:YouTube 2 of 9
3. Jeremy Meeks’s famous mugshot became a sensation on social media and caused women everywhere to question their standards when it comes to lusting after a convicted felon.Source:Police Handout 3 of 9
4. How could anyone forget the the memes that took over social media of Drake on the set of the “No New Friends” music video?Source:Instagram 4 of 9
5. Everyone from Queen Bey to Chris Brown was hitting the Shmoney Dance this summer, making it the inspiration behind memes, vines, hashtags, and trending topics.Source:Instagram 5 of 9
6. Once upon a time, Kim K. was breaking the Internet without having to bare all. This shot became Instagram’s most liked photo.Source:Instagram 6 of 9
7. After Donna Goudeau’s infamous video went viral, we all caught ourselves impersonating her in our best #PimpSquad voice.Source:Instagram 7 of 9
8. Even babies North West and Blue Ivy are pros at breaking the Internet.Source:Instagram 8 of 9
9. Nothing dominates social media like a good celebrity rant and Wale’s given us a few of them. Most memorable, his over-the-phone rant to Complex.Source:Global Grind 9 of 9
It’s been a pretty rough summer for actress/comedian Leslie Jones. After the all-female Ghostbusters reboot was a failure with fans, critics and at the box office, Jones had to face the often racially-motivated attacks aimed at her online for her part in the film. This caused her to promptly leave social media due to the consistent online trolling. She rebounded however, when she returned to social media to live-tweet the Rio Olympics and was instead flown out to Rio to enjoy the festivities first-hand. The positive vibes she received from the athletes and fans here at home was short-lived because today it was discovered that her personal website was hacked and a collection of nude photos and personal information was released.
When the news that the classic comedy film Ghostbusters was set to be rebooted with an all-female cast, the backlash from fans and critics was immediate and continued well until after it was released. However out of all the female cast members of the film, comedian Leslie Jones faced the brunt of the vicious comments, which attacked her race, physical appearance and overall talent.
Unfortunately, it appears that the cyber bullies haven’t had enough because the Huffington Post is reporting that Jones was targeted in a major hack of her website that has caused her to take it offline.
Via Huffington Post:
As if Leslie Jones hadn’t suffered enough at the hands of internet, the “Ghostbusters” actress’ personal website was hacked on Wednesday. Private information, including her passport and a driver’s license, as well as multiple nude photos were posted online, TMZ reports.
The hacker somehow gained access to the comedian’s website and reportedly posted a video of Harambe, the gorilla who was shot and killed at a Cincinnati Zoo earlier this summer. Internet trolls have repeatedly used Harambe memes and photos to incite online abuse directed at Jones.
According to TMZ, “sexually explicit” photos of the actress and sensitive personal information soon followed. The gossip site later reported that Jones’ team took the website offline shortly after news of the attack broke.
Here’s hoping that the person responsible for hacking Leslie Jones’ website is found sooner rather than later, and also faces some sort of punishment for releasing her personal information. We wish her the best.
You May Also Like:
“SNL’s” Leslie Jones & Kenan Thompson Create A Hilarious Spoof Of “Empire” [VIDEO]